Re: [VAC] Stuck lug nuts on Aluminum wheels.

Thanks for the ideas, Jim.

Since the nuts are closed on the end I can see, I can't easily spray the
penetrant on them until I drill/grind an opening at the end. Since I have
LOTS of them to do I hope I can avoid this.

I like the heat idea. Perhaps heat plus impact wrench will convince them.
Heat will weaken aluminum, but I can shield the wheel itself from the flame.

I hate the idea of having to replace the studs, so I am reluctant to use
the pipe torque multiplier, but I realize I may have to do this later. I
fear they will just break with the pipe.

QUESTION: Afterward, if I coat them with anti-sieze or grease, how much
torque to I use to tighten them? Since the metal/metal friction is gone,
the recommended "tightening torque" number goes out the window (right?).

Jerry