Re: [VAC] Stuck lug nuts on Aluminum wheels.

Jerry,
 I've never seen 'closed' lug nuts except for the chrome decorative
type. Are you sure that they're not lug BOLTS instead of studs w/nuts?

Although I won't say that you won't twist off a stud, I consider it
somewhat unlikely. In my experience, the nuts are probably siezed on the
wheel more than the stud, especially with your aluminum wheels.
(dissimilar metals and all that) If you've ever worked on a motorcycle,
you know that you can tighten those little 6mm bolts in the cases just
'tight' and they're impossible to remove a week later w/o using an
impact screwdriver. Same thing here.

If you make a heat shield out of heavy sheet metal with a hole that JUST
clears the nut, use it while heating the nut HOT (near red-hot), it
should come loose. I'd try it while the nut is still hot, if
unsuccessful, try again after it cools.

The key to getting such stuff apart w/o breaking things is patience.
Lots & lots of patience.

                                            Jim