[VAC] AS as cottage, anyone?

Hey-lo there...thanks for tuning in....
   Does anyone have any recommendation, cautionary, or advice on making an Airstream
a stationary entity as opposed to a road warrior?  I am planning on doing this and
know a few things to do like turn the wheels when they have cooled so that the bearings
are lubricated and put on wheel covers to protect from sun damage, but outside of
this I am again, without a clue.
     One guy on the Island where I am taking our AS has a woodburner in his old 60's
travel trailer.  Is a mobile home woodburner safe/suitable/insane for use in a landlocked
AS? I am not replacing the old 35000 BTU furnace and halfheartedly contemplate alternative
heat sources. (we vent properly and use kerosene as we are working on 'er on these
SNOWY April days in Michigan...heats quite nicely)
    Has anyone ever skirted an AS?  Built a connected porchy-screen room thingy?
 Installed window boxes?
    I think that about covers it!
                                  Annie from Ann Arbor