Re: [VAC] AS as cottage, anyone?

Our 31' is set up on a camping lot we own. I can't tow it with a Delta 88.
We use it every weekend  and sometimes during the week for a couple days.
Our lot is at the foot of the Cascade mountains in western WA with night
temps down to 30 and highs in the 40's this winter.  My plan for skirting is
to make a wood frame out of treated lumber that will set on the ground and
follow the curve of the trailer and then have a sheet metal guy come out and
fashion an aluminum skirt that is screwed onto the wood frame and attached
to the trailer with caulk.  That way I can remove it easily if need be or if
we sell it sometime down the road. We have 2 10# lp tanks and they last us
4-5 days using the gas catalytic heater but not the furnace, and the hot
water.  I did take 4" batt insulation and filled behind the front couch,
under the beds and inside the access doors.  I made sure to leave the vents
for the fridge clear. We leave two of the ceiling vents open 1" to draw off
moisture or the windows steam up. The outside water line and standpipe are
wrapped. One thing you don't want do is leave the holding tank valves open!
Keep them closed and dump and flush as needed. I always add some tank
deodorizer and breakdown "stuff" each time I dump the tanks.  I'm planning
on getting a 100# lp tank which is the smallest that the lp guys will
deliver to and use the 10# tanks as back-ups.
Hope this helps.
Greg