Re: [VAC] Tandem vs. single axle, sway, porpoising, leaks, love it all

Greetings Elisa!

I have found the Reese Dual Cam Sway control to be quite effective with my 26'
Overlander International.  My tow vehicle is a 3/4 ton GMC Suburban, and I have
nerver had a noticeable tendency toward sway even when encountering heavy semi
traffic on Interstate 80 heading for Boise and the 1998 International Rally.
Installed cost of the Dual Cam Sway Control system was less than $300.00 (1997),
but it came with very detailed installation instructions which should make
do-it-yourself installation plausible.  The one thing to be sure of if you
consider the Reese Dual Cam setup is to ask for the "U" bolts for Airstreams - -
they are shorter than the standard bolts sent with the kit - - the bolts in the
kit are so long that the RV dealer that installed mine had to use 3/4" shims
just to get the brackets snug on the A-frame - - the special shorter "U" bolts
definitely make for a cleaner looking installation.

Good luck in solving your sway problem!

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban