Re: [VAC] Owners manual...or next best thing

Greetings Jon!

The first published owner's manual for an Airstream RV was for the 1964 Models,
and if mine is typical, it wasn't exceptionally informative as far as adjusting
appliances, etc.  Prior to '64 and probably up through recent times, owners'
manuals and literature for the various appliances and accessories were included
with the trailer in a manilla envelope.  Your best bet may be to get the names
and model numbers of any appliances for which you need information and ask around
to see if someone might have a manual from which you might get a copy.  In the
not too distant future, VAC members will be able to access archival information
on Airstream RVs from this site.  It is my understanding that true "service
manuals" for Airstreams didn't appear until sometime following '64 ('74 sticks in
my mind as a date for the first service manuals, but I am not at all certain).

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban