[VAC] Tandem vs. single axle, sway, porpoising, leaks, love it all

Hi, All,
Just took my first trip in the Argosy and had a GREAT time.  We cooked
breakfast at our leisure every day and then took the two boys on outings.
Saw the Harley Davidson plant in York, PA, where they build 170,000 bikes a
year and still can't fill the orders!  And since I "endured" that, we went
to the big weekly horse auction, where I at least got myself a great used
German jumping saddle from the tack flea market.

The tandem axle is the only way to go; I had a blow out a month ago pulling
14,000 lbs combined weight in a 30' tandem axle aluminum stock horse
trailer.  I didn't even feel it but was told by another driver.  Made it to
a tire place to get fixed up.  This could have been a disaster otherwise,
but then who would pull that kind of weight on a single axle anyway?

Having pulled both, tandem is definitely better and safer, but I still
prefer goosenecks to all this bumper stuff.  I got rid of porpoising on my
Argosy by filling the front water tank but developed scary sway just over
62ish MPH.  So, sway bars?

And we drove in torrential rain and had fearsome leaks, so I gotta replace
all the gaskets around battery compartment, fridge, water heater, etc., I
guess.  Plus I confess, the roof vents were partially open through the drive
down - duh, uh, that was me...guess I gotta put that on my List of Things to
Check Before Departure...
Elisa, Novice Airstreamer