Re: [VAC] Bathtub Faucet

Tom,
 I replaced the washers in all of my faucets, they're available at the
local hardware store. The kitchen faucets still dripped unless you
really cranked 'em down, so I bought a "seat refacer" at the hardware to
machine the seats smooth again.

The shower faucet was a different story: the packing nut on one side had
corroded away to almost nothing, and I was unsuccessful in finding a
replacement. Even though I was willing to buy a complete faucet
assembly, just for the packing nuts. So, I replaced it with a new one.
Managed to find one with the same center distance, but the connections
were a bit more problematic. Had to go to 2 places to get the proper
fittings and reducers and had to tap the faucet connections on the rear
to 3/8"NPT to take the new fittings. After all of that, it did connect
right up to the existing plumbing, and no cutting of copper tubing was
required.

                                   Jim