Re: [VAC] Bathtub Faucet

Sounds like your faucet is like mine-a single lever control.  I removed the
clear plastic twist-knob by prying off the chrome cap, removing the screw
holding that to the cartridge then removing a brass fork-like clip which
holds the cartridge to the faucet base.  The fork is pretty easy to remove-I
used an ice pick to push the end out enough to grip it with a pair if needle
nose pliers for removal.  My cartridge was pretty well stuch in the faucet
base so I reall had to use some muscle to pull it out.  I used some big
pliers but it eventually gave way.  I then went to a plumbing supplier and
replaced the cartridge "O" rings and reassembled it.

Make a note of how the cartridge is positioned in the faucet base.  If you
get it in the opposite way it was, the hot and cold may be reversed.  Meaning
if you turn the knob clockwise, the hot water comes out vice versa.

Ed