[VAC] Bathtub Faucet

Hi everyone:

I have a very bad leak in the bathroom faucet in my 1970 Overlander.  I
have looked at it and it appears that to remove this thing you must cut
both the hot and cold water tubes, which are copper, as well as the tube
that goes from this faucet control up to the lavatory faucet and the one
to the wand type shower head.

Is there a simpler way?  Also, does this faucet have washers which can
be replaced or do you have to replace the whole thing?

If you have to replace the "whole thing", can one be obtained with
different type faucet?  Has anyone had THIS unpleasant experience?

Sources for this part would be appreciated, too.

Thanks
TEG  1970 Overlander #25776
West Monroe, LA