Re: [VAC] Refrigerator Venting

My 79 31' AS Refrigerator would not go below 42 degrees last summer.
I found 2) 3" dia 12vdc .17 a computer cooling fans and used plastic ties
to hold them to the vented door at the rear of the refe. This is an outside
door about 18 x 12 inches. I just put a switch on them and used them all
the time for about three months. The thing went to 28 degrees in the box
the first week. Changed to propane same results. Adjusted the thermostat
stays around 36 degrees now. Also I cut a 1 liter coke bottle in two and
attached the halves infront of the fans to route the air upward away from
the
propane jet. Originally the AS had a little cheesy fan above the fins with a
thermostat that started the fan. This coming summer I may attach my fans
to that thermo. However the .17 x 2 a draw is not too significant.

I have two 100 w SR100 Solar panels that I will install in  the next several
weeks. I may become more parsimonious with the electricity.
I am in the process of installing florescents in all the fixtures and
likely will add two additional SR100's rear of the AC unit this summer.

I may just put a 6 or 10 watt panel on the refrigerator vent directly
attached to the fans so that when the sun shines on the street side
the fans will run.

I have full timed this AS for about 10 months now, back after brick
housing for about 8 years. previously full timed from 67 in a
17' caravel, to 93 in the 65 31 double with several others in between.

Dean Sale

65 31 International center double
79 31 international rear twin