Re: [VAC] Tradewinds question

The battery that I purchased from a local farm fleet is a "3ET" its just the
right size to fit into the box. It is charged by the tow Vehicle through the
Trailer wiring harness when being towed. I have bought a battery charger to
attach inside the trailer that will charge the battery when plugged in at a
camp site. It monitors the charge and when the battery is fully charged it
shuts off. I use the battery even when 110v is available because my rear fan
only operates on 12V.

My trailer had electric brakes. I'm not sure if these were standard or
hydraulic was standard. One way to tell is to look on the inside of the
wheel backing plate and see if any wires enter the backing plate. If their
is no wires they are hydraulic. Either way you should have the brakes and
wheel bearings checked out before traveling.

The to tanks you have are a 30 gal. fresh water tank(If yours is original is
has a galvanized steel tank which is pressurized) and a black tank which is
about 13 gal.  You have Three options with no gray water tank. 1) Dump the
gray water on the ground. This is not allowed in some camp sites. 2) Cap off
the black water drain and open the valve. This lets the gray water enter the
black water tank. This option is not very viable because the tank will fill
quickly and you run the chance of black water backing up into the Tub....not
a pretty site. 3) Buy a portable tank to drain your gray water into. This is
probably your beat option. The down side is the cost of this tank and the
space it takes to carry it.

If you are not familiar with wiring have someone else work on the wiring.
The good thing about out older trailers is they don't have a univolt system.
Every light fixture has a dual system, a 12V and 110V light. That includes
the furnace and vent fans.

The piston type thing could be some type of surge brake or maybe a
stabilizer bar if its attached to a small ball on the side of the trailer
tongue.

If you get some pictures taken and scanned I'd like to see them.

Tim
62 Tradewind