[VAC] Tradewinds question

Hi Tim,
I picked up my new '62 TW yesterday and I have a couple (actually a million)
questions.
1.  How do I best replace the 12 volt battery that is 10" x20" x 5" in a
little  aluminum box above the propane tanks?  What keeps that battery
charged?

2.  What is that handle like thingy on the tow bar?  It looks like a piston
type brake  with a handle that stretches out or folds back.  We couldn't'
figure it out.

3.  I know this year did not have a gray tank.  So where does that water go?

4.  Does this trailer have a brake system?

5.  Should I take it to an a/s dealer or can any RV shop work on the
electrical  system?

Thanks for any information you can give me.  I went out and read the FAQ on
the VACs page and learned a lot.  So much more to know...the guy I bought the
trailer from never towed it, someone delivered it 5 years ago and it stayed
parked.  The TW was made in California.  Any history on that?
Janis