The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Ralph,
Well that is exciting news! I have been covered up with my mothers care and
as she fails it just gets more intense. I seldom have a phone conversation
or call in any day except for Tom Patterson who is so patient and amazingly
never gives up on me. That's about all the sanity there exists so I guess I
talk a good game with the HTS-2000 new aluminum rods I bought (they work)
and my intentions to break-bend, weld and fab a set of hinges, but just have
not gotten to it.

To me it would be understandable that your fab shop would be enticed with
the prospect of creating a duplicateable product we all would want. I would
expect you to try and capitalize on it as well so don't worry about those
who might begrudge a hopefully profitable business venture which will
simultaneously satisfy a read need with what undoubtedly will be a superior
product.

I saw Mr. Ashby's son sell one hinge, not a set but one hinge on eBay for
$500. That would have certainly displeased his dad whom I never met, but
have repeatedly been told was fair and often extremely generous. It does not
matter though as none of us would pay such a price.

I hope the final product will be what you anticipate and expect and I am
more than confident that you will be as good a judge as anyone. I will hope
for the pricing to be somewhere at about $200 to $300 per set. Put me in the
line for 3 sets as soon as possible. I cannot use the trailers or the motor
home anymore without loosing the doors.

When you like the final product please take high quality pictures. If
possible we will want affixed and non-affixed pictures. Send the pictures to
Tom Patterson at pattersontj@sbcglobal.net and Tom will certainly want to
add them to his site for us all. Let us know what pin you decide such as
brass or SS.

I guess I'm glad you didn't use a "Pimp My Ride" shop or the doors would
probably become scissor up, remote controlled operated and not have a entry
handle. Little too advanced for old me.

Ralph I sure do appreciate your continued follow through on this. Thank you
so much.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX