The Silver Streak E-mail List

RE: [SilverStreak] Hinges for Silver Streak

Eddie,

I have a small oil service business, I'm not going to be in the SS
Hinge Business.  I had planned on charging the invoice price for the
hinges + freight and $20 to cover gas expenses to the shop and
back(it's 50+ miles away).  My plan is to do this as a favor to other
SS owners with the same problem as we are experiencing.  The shop is
not really excited about making up a lot of hinges.  The guy that runs
the shop prefers special "complex" projects that are challenging and
highly profitable(he likes the fact that I'm an older guy blowing the
doors off of the younger racers, so he is willing to make up a few
special suspension parts for me at a reasonable cost).  Jerry told me
the last thing he wants is to make up hinges and hope they sell.  Each
set of hinges will be made up for a specific order, and need to be
paid for in advance, if it's 1 set of 2 hinges, or 10 sets of 20
hinges.

Lets see what the costs are, as they may be pretty high, I can't get
an estimate out of him, and that usually indicates it may be rather
high priced.  I'll probably be able to post the cost on the 28th of
this month, I sure hope they come in under $400-500.  Lets hold off on
our cheers until I find out what the hinges look like, how they
function, and what the pricing will be.  I'll be sure to take some
good pictures with my digital camera.

Ralph