The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Axle for 1971 ss. Help!!

Jim, thanks for the offer but He doesn't think it will fit.

Eddie, He did exactly what you suggested to get him to a place where he could park his trailor, and the axle was bent as a result of losing the wheel  on the hi-way.  He has 300 miles to make it home, and doesn't think he is up for trying that far on three wheels.

Good news, He just called to let me know  that he contacted  a place called Herbs  trailers in Baton Rouge and although they didn't have the right axle  they did have one six inches longer. He asked if they would cut it , and the reply was sometimes they could but they would like to order the right size, which could take two weeks. He has now decided if they will not cut it He will buy it and bring it home, cut it and go back and put it on. That will be a five hour drive one way, but he may not have another choice.  He is in a place called Boutee Louisiana, so if anyone knows of a place that he could go to cut it  closer to that area, please let me know.
-------------- Original message from MSC06USNret@aol.com: --------------