The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] 1973 Silver Streak for Sale

Donnie,
Ralph is dead on with this info. There are two handles, yet is likely only a
black water tank and no grey water tank. Without the grey water handle
pulled, the water will shortly back up into the tub as the sinks are higher.
There was a cap, still available that was and can be used that had a female
hose bib on it. Since the water is not sewage, a hose could be connected,
the handle pulled, and the grey water could be run out to water grass,
plants, etc.

Usually full hook ups can be found at most RV sites and the point therefore
is often mute. Additionally with the discharge covered, both handles could
be pulled affording an easier way to flush the black water tank by fill and
dump using the grey water valve open to the black water tank  That beats
having to use a garden hose into your toilet.

You have a really great trailer and if I owned it, I would not change a
thing. Ralph points out an important reminder you will see on Tom's site
under Trailers, Silver Streak, History by the number of trailers able to be
built and that is whether on the lot waiting for a buyer, or special
ordered, these are all hand-made trailers. Each can be and often are unique
and different. Things not required were often options. Maybe it was common,
but I have never seen those beautiful chrome wheels on another Silver Streak
trailer. I do see them listed as an option on your invoice. Those are very
pretty!

-Eddie-
Houston, TX