The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] Water heater options

I haven't gone to look at the heater yet. Sorry.

What I mean by 'never necessary to open...' is that with the air
pressure/pump system the water tank is part of the whole water system;
it is not valved off; water from the hose connection will pressurize the
pipes and fill up the water tank from the bottom.

With an inline water pump the hose input water cannot get past the pump.
You have to put water in the 'top' of the system via the filler pipe up
on top of the tank. My brass cap had never been removed and I could not
get it off when I realized that changing the pump now required that I
get in there. I had to use a grinder to cut into the cap and partially
into the filler hose to get it loose.

The former air pressure input on the metal water holding tank is now the
vent.

There are more places for leaks with the water pump now. I've had them.

I was told that the air pump was not replaceable when it failed. If I
had a better understanding about how it worked I would have tried to
repair the air pressure system.