The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Water heater options

I plan on replacing our water heater in our 1962 20ft Silver Streak. In
general, I'm giving the whole water system an upgrade. 20Gal FW tank,
new demand pump (replacing pressure system), and water heater. Any
recomendations on the water heater front. I have my eye on a Suburban
DSI LP unit, but I am a little concerned about how it will fit through
the sidewall. we already have what looks like a leter model vent that
was attached to the surface of the original access panel, so I'm not
sure what kind of fitment hassle I'm going to be facing. All of the
heater doors seem to be white, so I guess I will need to paint or find
some alternative there as well. Is it possible/safe to adapt an existing
vent cover to a new heater? I guess I am looking for some
advise/experience from anyone who has done this.
Thanks.
Aaron