The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] New to list

Chris,

I would love to see pictures of your '72 Deluxe Continental Rocket to see how it
compares to our '72 SS.

I was glad to hear from you last week.  It sounds like you are ahead of me.  We're
not quite ready to camp yet, except in the back yard.  Like Marian, we don't even
have anything to pull it with.  We have a half ton Suburban, but am planning to
step up to a three quarter ton Suburban.  In the mean time, we have plenty of work
to do.  By the way, what did you pull yours with, and how did it pull?  I haven't
weighed our SS yet.  I plan to have my dad hook on and pull it down to the co-op
scale to see how much it weighs.

After getting our SS home, one of the first things we did (after solving the
shocking problem with the electricity) was to hook up to water so that we could
begin cleaning it up.  Luckily for us I guess, I left the water hooked up and
turned on over night.  We discovered a leak somewhere in the restroom.  The
flooring was wet, but not standing in water.  I haven't had time to get to it,
other than pulling back the carpet to dry.  It appears to me that the plumbing may
run across the floor in the back corner, hidden behind a false corner.  That may
be where the leak is coming from.  If anyone has hints for me about how to get
into this area, please let me know.  For now, it appears to be my only leak.

I am glad your trip to Yellowstone National Park was a great trip!  Our plan it to
have a vehicle set up for towing and the trailer ready to go by next summer.  We
plan to take a short Oklahoma trip before heading west.

I called the couple we bought our SS from and in the conversation found that he
had taken the original awning off of the trailer and stuck it back in his garage,
minus the awning cloth which he had taken off and thrown away because it was
rotten.  He let me come pick up the pieces.  I am not sure how to go about finding
out if it is fixable.  Does anyone have an idea of where to start?

Thanks for all the information everyone.

Michael Young