The Silver Streak E-mail List

Re: [SilverStreak] reply to Celesti

Hi Michael and Celesti,

Missed the orig. post, but I'm a Silver Streak Safari owner too!    Got
mine last year and it's really neat.   Too bad that I still need to
acquire a heavy van or suburban in order to tow it around myself.
It's only 20' and in excellent condition.   Fortunately I managed to
get the history of it from the seller.    Last two owners  - one never
used it and needed some cash,  and the other used it for a year, about
4 times, and decided to get a larger one, so I got it.   Orig. owners
had it for all it's life until the last 4 years, it's a 1967.

Originally planned to haul it to a nice place by the river here, and
then park it and visit when time allowed with my mom and dogs.
However, mom had a stroke, so plans are on hold.   May wind up having
to sell, but that would really be my last choice.

I don't think there are all that many SS's out there these days, at
least being hauled.   Occasionally they come up on ebay, where I get
most of my general info and/or history on the few that are shown for
sale.   Usually they are parked and lived in.    There's one
on ebay right now, but it's virtually 1/2 gutted and was pretty cheap,
but needs Lots of repair and fixing.   BTW, I live in So. Oregon
and there are actually a few of them around locally, a handyman told
me.   I think that they are very nice, mine is ever so nicely made and
(thank heavens) Everything Works!   Only thing is the floor by the
toilet, where the old water pump leaked and the water must have set for
a long time, as the floor is soft there.    However, I've saved a post
by another trailer list's restoration guru, and he says it's pretty
easy to fix, without replacing.   Right up my alley, as I don't have
repair skills.   :o)

Can't wait until I hear more from you guys, as maybe it'll give me the
incentive to try and use mine after all.   I really didn't buy it just
to resell, but life hands you funny twists in the road sometimes.   My
'big deal' is when life gets too much for me, I go out to the trailer
and sit and read or fiddle around.   Have to pretend that it's not
outside my back door though!   LOL

Keep posting on your thoughts re:repair or sale, Celesti and Michael &
Kim, please advise where you are planning to take yours and if you had
fun.  Not sure where you are located, but the other group has some
camping planned, en masse, for the summer months.   I can look up
details if you're interested.

Great to hear from other SilverStreak owners!!!
marian