The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] reply to Celesti

Welcome Celesti to what I know is at least a group of three.  My wife and I introduced
ourselves as new owners a week ago and have heard from one person.  Maybe they are all
out camping!  Or maybe
all of the activity really goes on in the question and answer threads.  We're like you
and haven't figured it all out yet.  If you're out there and have any advise for how
this system works, let
us know.

If you already own your SS and  it is in good condition, you are already ahead of the game.
You could just be looking and then find one that needs work.  My wife and I just returned
from a 2000
mile round trip to Tin Cup, Colorado.  Having just recently bought a 1972 SS needing some
work before we set off on a trip, we didn't take it to Colorado, but instead looked for
Silver Streaks all
along our trip.  You can imagine we saw hundreds of RVs.  Can you believe it, we did not
see one Silver Streak (what we consider vintage that is).  So now we know why some of the
threads talk
about the curiosity of other campers when they see our Silver Streaks.  There just are not
that many out there (at least not between Oklahoma and south central Colorado).

I think you just have to decide what you really want.  I am guessing our work on our trailer
is going to be just like our work on our old house.  Some things will nearly drive us crazyas
we try to
solve  problems.  Yes, the expense may seem high at times, but the trade-off is not just in
having a quality trailer, it is in having one with its own personality, so to speak.  I
haven't yet had
time to get involved with questions through the other part of this site, but it looks promising.
I think there must be lots of people out there willing to give good advise, I just have to find
time now to figure out which problem I want to tackle first.  Good luck and we look forward to
hearing your story as it develops.

Michael and Kim Young