Re: [VAL] Optima Battery

Hi Joe,
I think your Univolt would be just as rough on your battery whether it
comes from 120v or the auto' s alternator, since it all goes through the
Univolt anyway.  I also think that a modern charging system would be a
good idea anyway since your batteries would last longer what ever kind
they are.  Most of the stuff in a vintage Airstream is the best as
built, but the old Univolt is only good as a curiosity.

If I have this wrong, I'm SURE someone will chime in and happily correct
me....

I got the Progressive Dynamics with Charge Wizard, and an Optima Yellow
top, and the battery lasted for 8 years. I think I should have removed
it when the trailer spent the winter in SD.....

Daisy