Re: [VAL] Re: Airsteam travel in around Yellowstone Park

Hi Gerald,

We were headed for Yellowstone too, but have no chains.  We passed on
both Jackson and Yellowstone stays, went to Island Park ID and did a one
day quick tour of Yellowstone, no bears or wolves, but one coyote, and
masses of buffalo and elk.  That was Tuesday.  On Wed. we woke up to wet
snow, at 7000 feet, and fled down the rampaging Gallatin river to
Bozeman.  It was 33 and 32, but the road had warmed up enough so nothing
stuck.

It's all our fault, we were sort of surfing along on the ridge of
Spring, heading up from way southern CA for MT.  I guess we went too fast.

Very glad we didn't get stuck in Yellowstone, the 5th wheel doesn't have
a 4WD puller.  My Airstream, with the mighty Darth Vader in charge would
have been fine, of course.

Now we are waiting out the 3" of rain that fell on the ranch near Hardin
where we are headed.  The Big Horn River is pretty high and their
driveway and our parking place have become the Great Swamp.  And to
think my friend was complaining how dry it was......

Happy Trails,
Daisy