RE: [VAL] 50's dump valve information needed

> I noticed recently on a 1958 Traveler that the dump valve is located
> inside the black tank. It looks like a plunger made from thin brass,
> and simply closes off the bottom hole in the black tank that leads to
> the outside.
> The plunger has no signs of an O-ring, or rubber on teh bottom, where
> it is supposed to seal against the exit hole in the tank. Of course
> it does not seal the exit hole.

Hi Uwe,
I have the same thing on my 59 Ambassador however the plunger is missing. I
don't think it's worth the effort as it's likely to leak anyway. It was
obviously not a very good system as it was only around for a couple of
years. I'm adding an adapter to the bottom of the tank that accepts the
modern Valtera valve. That way, I can get a replacement anywhere in North
America.
Colin
GSM Vehicles Inc
www.thevap.com