Re: [VAL] 50's dump valve information needed

On my 61 I have not noticed any packing material, only an O ring.  Is
it missing? or did this valve go thru a development period?  There is
a groove for the o ring.  Careful adjustment of the 4 screws that
hold the valve together adjusts the tension on the O ring so the
valve pulls easily.  It does not  leak as long as the valve is fully
opened or closed. I have not seen an obvious place for packing.

I removed the huge Iron fitting from below the valve and replaced it
with a plastic fitting for the sewer hose.  Both gray water lines
have been re routed to a grid made of 3 inch sewer pipe which has its
own valtera valve ( along with another secret outlet under the
trailer) The sewage and.   gray water are now 2 seperate
systems.   Getting rid of the big iron fitting increased the ground
clearance quite a bit

Rick Davis  1602