Re: [VAL] 50's dump valve information needed

I can't speak for what is on the 50's, but on my 63 the dump valve is part of
a brass extension to which the sewer hose is attached. The extension has two
tee's off it for the grey water, bath and kitchen. The slide is enclosed in a
brass part looking much like the plastic ones of today. There is a o-ring and
packing material in the slide area, which is covered by the top piece of brass
and bolted togeather. This assemble is then bolted to the black tank which has
a brass piece imbedded in the fiberglass, 4 bolts. On the bottom of the black
tank is a recess in the brass piece for a o-ring which is the same size as the
o-ring in the valve itself. The dump exit is straight down from the black tank.
Looking at the dump valve top the surface is smooth, I have the black tank out
so it is easy to see how mine goes togeather.

I'm sure someone with a 50's can expand on theirs
Good luck
Paul
97 34' front kitchen
63 22' Safari?