Re: [VAL] CF bulbs

My research in the past indicated that CF's are more efficient than
LED's, although not by the amount that they both out perform
incandescents.  In order to get enough light to say read or do
needlework, you have to have a pretty impressive array of LED's unless
you get a hold of the super ones that are expensive.

One other thing I learned: LED's are sensitive to the amount of power
going to them.  In a stable 12v environment, with no battery in it, they
are OK.  Above 14.4 v, some of them get tired and slowly die.  That V
level will be common when your charger is goosing the battery.  When I
talked to the LED sellers, they at first didn't know about this, then
said that the newer versions were less sensitive.

Some of my big arrays are still going strong almost 4 years later,
others have nearly lost all their LED's.

That being said, I prefer the light of the LED's to the sort of
operating room quality that the CF's give, both 12v and 120v.

You can go here to see what I did.
http://home.tiac.net/~jtdjtd/aspix/LED/LED.html
<http://home.tiac.net/%7Ejtdjtd/aspix/LED/LED.html>

Daisy