Re: [VAL] Eyebrow sealing

Hunter,
My 48 Vagabond has the same windows as my 52 Glider Albatross and 51 Schult.
Don't give up on the OE window as there are trailers out there being parted
out. The OE window really works good and keeps the water out. I can measure
mine and take pictures if you need. I think your side windows may also be
the same as the rear if you want to use for a pattern. Did Airstream use the
same window ever?

I intend to high polish my Vagabond instead of repainting. Have you ever
seen or heard of anyone trying that?

The Vagabond came with a complete set of aluminum framed storm windows all
wrapped up in the bottom of a cabinet nook. I cannot figure out how they
were supposed to attach. Do you know if some sort of a clip was used? I have
no idea, but they exactly nest-fit into the existing windows. Did Airstream
use this sort of storm window?

Also, does anybody have an early Airstream that used a 6 volt braking
system? The Vagabond system is 6 volt and there was a new controller in an
overhead cabinet, that attaches to an old pipe type steering column having a
long handle you pull back to the amount of voltage you desired to apply the
trailer brakes. The darn thing works, but won't go on modern columns. I
simply hooked my controller to the brake wire, set the slide typical, and
then backed way off the sensitivity adjuster. The brakes worked like any
others I have towed. Is there anyone with 6 volt system experience? Do I
care about changing out the 6 v coils since it just seems to work? The
trailer was never towed, the brakes are new and work good. Do I care about
fixing it if it isn't broke?
-Eddie-
Houston, TX