RE: [VAL] Replacing axles on '64 Airstream..Dexter axle

Gerald,
The bare axle installed (using existing brakes) with shipping run about
$750. The stiffness of the Dexter is due to the difference in the rubber
compound.  It is safe to install an axle(s) 10% greater than the original as
A/S installed axles that were are the edge of their rating.

david