[VAL] Replacing axles on '64 Airstream

Folks,
I'm gearing up to change the original axles on my 1964 Airstream Ambassador
International and I'm looking for information as to what specifications
folks who have done this conversion have used to order replacement axles
from Dexter.  My understanding is that 3500 lb capacity axles with 22.5
degree down angle of the arm is what should be used.

As I tow with a Ford F350 4x4 Diesel truck (high off the road with a ball
height of 20 inches), would the switch to 45 degree down angle to gain a
couple of inches of added road clearance be acceptable?

What about brakes? I plan to stick with electric brakes (My truck is rigged
with a Reese electric brake controller) and according to the information I
have from Dexter, they use 10" brakes instead of 12" as on the original
axles, is there any cautions about this I need to know?  Conversations with
Dexter in the past have revealed the option of using 4,000 lb axles which
have the 12" brakes is a possibility.

Any advice those of you who have made the conversion to Dexter axles, I'd
be most appreciative for your input...

--
TNX, 73, Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI #21960