Re: [VAL] Airstream Motorhome Problem

> Compare  airstream's plumbing, cabinetry, sub-floor, electrical,
> structure
> and lay-out to  Avion,  airstream will always come up  short !

You are entitled to your opinions. And no doubt in some ways Avion is
better, but here is my experience with the two. A 1960 26 foot Airstream and
a 1984 30 foot Avion. Almost any day of the week I will take the Airstream.
It is about half the weight of the Avion and easier on both the tow vehicle
and driver. I know that I am somewhat comparing apples and oranges, but I
consider the quality of many of the parts of the Airstream to be better as
well. My Airstream gaucho slides have been used extensively over the years,
the Avion's, very rarely. Yet it is the Avion's that have broken! The Avion
has window openers that will barely open (or hold shut) the windows. I have
never had a problem with the Airstream's window openers. Then there is the
water hook up. The Airstream's is on the outside of the trailer, any drips
or leaks will fall harmlessly on the ground. The Avion on the other hand has
the water connection inside a compartment above the floor. Any drips or
leaks, (or an exploded hose) FLOOD the INSIDE of the trailer---that was not
a good idea! The Avion does have the creature comforts, but chalk that up
mainly to the difference in age between the two trailers. If I were to park
the trailer and live in it I would choose the Avion. But put me on the road
and the choice would go the other way even though the Airstream is two
decades older!

You start out by dissing the Airstream motor home. I don't remember ever
seeing an Avion motor home. At least Airstream was willing to try to give
the customer what they wanted. It is Airstream that is still making a
"silver bullet" trailer, not Avion.

I am not disagreeing that Airstream has seen some dark times, I just
disagree with your statement that Airstream will always come up short.

Scott