Re: [VAL] roof vent

I just ordered a FanTastic vent from Vintage Trailers.  I am about to remove
the original air conditioner from my 73 land yacht and install the vent in
its place.  I bought mine online from Vintage Trailers.  They have a unit that
is specially designed for airstream trailers: it is gray, has a low profile and
the part that attaches to the ceiling is curved for a snug fit.
When I unpacked the Fantasic vent yesterday I was a bit surprised to see that
the part of the vent that attaches to the roof was not curved.  I'm going to
phone Vintage Trailers tomorrow to find out why, but has anyone had any experience
installing these?  Is the straight edge a problem?

By the way, I bought the Land Yacht 11 years ago as a father's day gift to myself.
So if any of you are waiting to take the plunge on a big purchase, and you are a
dad, that is your ticket!

Tom Dolan
Portland, OR

> Hi Rick,