Re: [VAL] 30 wt

> Non-detergent oil, commonly available only in 30 wt has limited typical
> use
> in engines, crank, and gear cases where there exists no filter or
> filtration
> system. It is what should be used in things such as lawn mowers, and
> compressors like the home models. It is also used in high volume screw
> compressor systems. I agree multi grade light oil is essential in cold
> weather for gear drives etc. Thick cold stiff oil is much the same as no
> oil. There is not that much detergent anyway in HD oil.
>
> Lawn mower engines became inferior long ago, when the cast iron and forged
> iron cylinders ceased to exist, the last being Lawn Boy's 2 cycle engines
> now banned with all 2cycle engines. So it doesn't really matter in your
> lawn
> mower anyway, because they are all junk and cannot last, so use any oil
> you
> want. It won't matter. You will be forced to buy a new one about every two
> years when the all aluminum cylinder is worn out and no compression can be
> obtained. There is no silicon impregnation. MTD and Briggs are a national
> shame and sell-out. Toro bought Lawn Boy and only the name exists. Just a
> inferior Honda motor on a poor design platform with a name.

I like that,  I use a 1969 Lawn  Boy, bought new in 1974,  that has mowed
1/2 acre of grass every two weeks for most of its life.  It is on its third
spark plug fourth blade and still starts on the second pull.  Now you tell
me that when it dies I will be foreced to join the two year cycle instead of
the two cycle? <G>