Re: [VAL] Anybody Seen One of These

Hi Matt:

    Your 24' Trade Wind is a 1966 model, as indicated by its bathroom.
The bathroom layout changed in 1967 along with cabinet hardware, so your
trailer is not 1967 or any newer.  Check out RJ's web site to see
similar Trade Winds.  Yours may have first been titled in 1969, hence
that year on the registration and/or title.

    I bet the "Sportsman" name plate is from a late 1960's Dodge truck.
  I have a few "Camper Special" name plates that are about the same size
and appearance that were for specially equipped Dodge trucks.  I'm
pretty sure Dodge had a "Sportsman" model truck back then too.

     The blue stripes were "keep up with the Joneses" stripes that a few
Airstream owners put on their older trailers back in the '70s to mimic
the look of the brand new Airstreams that featured large blue belt line
stripes.  The idea was to make the trailer appear newer than its year of
manufacture.

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO.