Re: [VAL] Free standing AC

Ed,

What model 1959 do you have? I'm restoring a '59 Overlander, definitely
need AC here!

After reading a bunch of threads on other forums/lists, looks like choices
are: (1)"portable" units, which by most accounts don't work all that well
because they exhaust heat back into room, are noisy and take up floor
space; (2)getting a household unit, hiding it inside cabinetry, building
some type of case for exhaust to outside, drainage, ductwork; (3)getting a
"split system" and mounting outside unit on hitch, inside unit on wall;
(4)getting a Duo-Therm "Cool Cat" AC/heat pump unit, designed to be hidden
in cabinetry.

I have chosen the "Cool Cat," hoping it will be a straightforward
installation (exhausting thru former furnace vent) and enough BTUs: it's
12,500, the AC/heat pumps in new 28'CCDs are 13,500, seems like that
should be close enough --I plan to park in shade!

Interested to hear if anyone else has different ideas.

Lynne
Central Texas