Re: [VAL] Dometic won't switch to electric

> You can check the heating element by checking continuity thru the unit. ...remove the
> cover on the lower left side (looking from the back).  ...snip..........

I think I can do this. That pushes my electrician personae to the max, but your
instructions seem clear and I have a meter that will check continuity...

...about the "remove the cover from the lower left side." I think that is the one
that is really hard to see, and I tried loosening a couple of screws but only managed
to loosen the whole unit rather than the cover. I am used to clip type covers (like old
car distributors) and ones that are held by screws and ones that are bayonet type covers,
but can't see well enough to see what kind of clippage holds this one. I think it is time
for the mirror and flashlight approach. Like a dentist, sorta.
thanks, bill b.