Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #256

 Hi David,

The 75s and 76 did have a problem with tail droop. I had a "76" 31' that was
ok as some of them were caught and re-enforced at the factory. I think this
was when Beatrice Foods had AS. After market fixes were a triangle support
welded to the axel and frame " I think' I seem to remember that you could
actually see the welded support. Another , was AS dealers did a cut out
panel to make the repair. I think it was called a "whale tail" cutout on
each side. Other that the 75/76 were Ok. If I remember the "fix' was about
$1300 a few years back.

Good Luck

Jim