[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #256

Question on 1975 31 ft Sovereign

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at 31 ft 1975 Sovereign rear bath model for sale in my area.  I
recall from past postings to the list that longer trailers manufactured in
this time frame were susceptible to frame separation in the rear.  Can
anyone confirm that this was a problem with the 31 ft. Sovereign model for
1975? I only had one quick look at this unit and it has been stored resting
on  jacks under the rearmost axle for the last four years.  The owner is the
original owner and the unit has been stored since the husband passed away.
There is no evidence of any "droop".  If there was any separation problems
would it show up with jacks supporting the rear axle? Where would one look?
 If i look further into this unit, I will have the jacks removed to check
that the axles are properly supporting the trailer; but am wondering how to
ascertain whether there is any problem with frame separation.    If there is
not a problem now,  would it be advisable to have some reinforcing work done
on the unit.  What would doing this entail.   Also any other
comments concerning the 1975 model as far as to any particular problems that
were unique to it that should ask the seller about would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave J
WBCCI 13613, VAC