Re: [VAL] 1960 Tradewind questions

Bob

I have a 58 Airstream that is very similar to yours.  The first thing I
would suggest is to look over Airstreamforums.com and do some searches.  I
have never seen official wiring or plumbing diagrams, but there is lots of
info out there.

I would suspect your wiring is ok - plumbing should all be topside, so you
can see what goes where to replace.  Gas lines are topside and underneath
the trailer - so those should be easy to see and replace - make sure you
use sch k copper for the gas line - that is gas approved.  If you black
water tank is ok, I don't think I would mess with it - I doubt it has a
gray water tank - as far as fresh water, its probably a metal tank that may
have pinholes in it and should be replaced.

Hope that helps - let me/us know if there is anything specific you need
help with as you restore your trailer.

Ken J.