Re: [VAL] 1960 Tradewind questions

Hi Bob ~

You have a great trailer there but I may be somewhat partial. I own a
'59 Trade Wind and have gone through the same or similar tasks that
you are asking about. Mine differs from yours as mine was without an
onboard battery so it didn't have a water pump/compressor or any 12
volt lights with the exception of two in the ceiling that were
powered from the tow vehicle. Mine was also without any waste water
holding tanks so I added a black under the toilet and use a blue tote
along for the grey. I also replaced the original aluminum fresh water
tank with a poly one that was ordered to my dimensions also with a
larger capacity. The complete water system was redone with PEX for
fresh water and PVC for waste. All of the copper and cast iron was
removed and saved alot of weight.

I do not have any original factory wiring or plumbing diagrams but
made my own as I had to run plumbing and 12 volt lines.  I can send
these if they will help. I would also be interested in knowing your
serial number, plant of manufacture and floor plan of your Trade Wind
as I am collecting info on '59 and '60 model Trade Winds in a
registry. By adding yours, I will have 40 of these beauties.

I'd be glad to offer my long distance assistance and/or advice with
your renovation plans. Pictures of mine can be seen on RJ's archive
site listed here:

www.vintageairstream.com/archives1/59Tradewind/59TW.html

It is the first one shown. These pix are a few years old and I should
contact RJ and send him some new ones. She looks alot better with
polished aluminum tanks.

Brad Norgaard
airztream.com
Phoenix, AZ