Re: [VAL]spam filters

>Spam Filters are NOT easy.  Aol has a spam filter of its own, and your
>browser ( probably Internet Explorer  or maybe Netscape) has controls
>too, and I'll bet Yahoo, where Hunter's list lives has a whole set of
>other ones.  Anyone of these guardians can spit emails into never never
>land.
>
>Many of these guardians "learn" what is spam, usually incorrectly and
>have to be kept after school to unlearn, which is complicated.

Daisy is right on target here.

>The first job is to figure out which one is grabbing your email, then
>look at the options or preferences part and try to un educate them

Perhaps easier is to simply do an end around the problem.  Avoid the complex mailers (MS, AOL,
etc.).  Instead, use the simplest POP3 mailer you can find -- like an older version of Eudora,
or the mailer in Opera 5.  The fewer bells and whistles, the fewer things to go wrong, and the
fewer things for unscrupulous people and 14 year-old kiddies to take advantage of.  Then if
scammers start filling your mailbox -- close it and open a new one, giving the address only to
close friends.  Do NOT give the new email address to any commercial enterprise (iTunes, amazon,
etc. ad. inf.).

If you just keep it simple, your will have little trouble.  Anyhow, it works for me.

>Remember, technology is our friend.....

Actually, that is true.  The problem is not the technology, it is the human greed for money and
power.  No matter what technology one uses, old or new, there always will be people trying to
scam you.  No filters or other techno fixes will ever save you, you have to do that yourself.
Sorry.

           -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
Housebound in Ohio