[VAL] flooring

I have a 63 Globetrotter whose interior had been reduced to debris when I
got it home. I took everything out, patched the holes and refloored. I used some
 very thick but ugly linoleum under beds, cabinets and thinner prettier stuff
 where it would show. Mistake. I wear treaded work shoes and rocks stick in
them  and immediately punch holes through thin lono into soft ply underlayment.
I  put carpet over the lino in part and ripped up part for t&g maple
flooring.  Carpet cozy and warm but cleaning tough. Maple beautiful but COLD.  I use
lots of throw rugs over both. Jay--camp-hosting in CO