Re: [VAL] RE: VAL Digest V3 #192

>I am in the process of ripping up my old disgusting carpet.

Good move.  We got rid of some revolting avocado green stuff about a year ago, and have
been very happy since.

Be forewarned that many, if not most, listees seem to favor hard-surfaced floors: vinyl,
linoleum, Pergo, even red oak.  The big positive of that choice is ease in
cleaning.  The down side is that hard surfaces make the small a/s interior very "live".
Since quiet and restfullness are very important to us, we went to the
opposite extreme and opted for maximizing the fabrics.

Bobbi was recarpeting her house, so we simply had exactly the same carpet professionally
installed in the a/s.  We chose a maximum thickness nylon material
by a major manufacturer, in the lightest sandy color available (to maximize the apparant
space).

>What has been our experience? What worked and what didn't?

Our experience: we are very pleased.  The a/s is very quiet and homey -- even under an
airport glidepath.  The carpet feels very senuous under foot (we take
off our shoes at the door), and certainly helps keep the coach warm in the winter, cool
in the summer.  The down side has turned out to be that our two
extremely furry dogs do track in a lot of mud in wet weather; despite nylon and Staingard,
that has been somewhat challenging to clean -- but more so in the
house than in the a/s!  Our solution has been liberal use of throw rugs at the entrances;
this seems to be working well.

>Would you make the same choice again?

Given that experience, absolutely!

> I'm a real novice at this!

That's to your advantage (fewer prejudices).  Just share the details of your journey here,
you will find many friends eager to help you.

             -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
Temporarily housebound in Ohio.