RE: [VAL] RE: VAL Digest V3 #192 (Flooring)

There are probably as many solutions to this issue as their are Airstream
owners.

Since I do a fair amount of cold weather camping, I really prefer carpet
under my feet.  It keeps the camper much warmer and quieter.  That said, it
is very difficult to keep everything clean.  I tried to use carpet
throughout my first Airstream and was very disappointed how fast the carpet
got dirty and stained.  On my current Airstream I decided to split the
difference and put pergo in the entry and kitchen and carpeted the rest.
The combination of a hard surface and carpet has worked well for us.

I've seen carpet squares and have used them in offices, and have never been
impressed with their look, ability to stay attached to the floor or
wearability.  I've also had little luck with vinyl stick on tile.

If you go with a hard surface, there are many choices as Lew mentined and I
would add cork to the list.  I chose the pergo as it is almost
indestructible and was very easy to install.  If you do want to carpet and
don't want to put it down yourself, I'd highly second the idea of having it
professionally installed.  Such a small job would not be that expensive and
you will be very happy with the result.  I'd also recommend shopping for
high quality reminants rather than putting down a cheaper grade of carpet.

Good luck!

Pete