RE: [VAL] Propane fireplace

> Thanks for the feedback on my posting about the
> propane fireplace.  Peter Ryner commented that the fan
> is just as energy-consuming as that of a forced air
> furnace.  Actually, you can operate the fireplace with
> or without the fan on.

So just to clarify... the propane fireplace can be operated with or without
the vent fan?

I was under some impression that the fireplace needed a fan for ventilation,
i.e. exchanging combustion air.

If you really don't need it (the fan), running the fireplace off-grid would
be really attractive.

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060