Re: [VAL] Receiving signals inside Airstream

I am getting ready to install my ham radio and
antennas on my '76 Land Yacht. I will be installing a
"Hustler" and Kenwood TS 450.
My question to the Dr. is - how has he attached his
ham antennas to the Airstream.
I have been thinking about mounting on the back
bumper. That is so low that it may require a tall
"layover" to extend higher than the trailer.
Any of your expertise would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Allen
W0AMC

"The metal shell of the airstream does make a quite
good shield. If you
have nonmetallic screens, you may get better results
next to a window
but you might have to be close to the window. That's
what I find when
trying a portable AM or FM radio inside my Caravel. I
do have a couple
outside antennas for ham radio uses and they work well
using the
Caravel
as a ground plane."