RE: [VAL] Ahhh, the delights of plumbing

Bill,
My recommendation is to replace everything with the pex.  I tried to splice
in and it didn't work very well at all - I ended up replacing everything,
wasting a lot of time and money on copper fittings and if it had worked it
would have been a real hodge podge setup.  If you have a broken pipe you
probably have expanded pipe in other places and you won't get anything to
fit.  I also like the compression fittings over the crimp type.  They are a
little larger, but easily fit everywhere they are needed.  I like the idea
of being able to replace pieces if ever necessary and they are easier to
work with.  I didn't have any problem with Lowes and HD having the parts in
stock, we had both in the local area.  If you want to be sure, lay out your
needs in advance and don't start until you have everything in hand.  I
didn't try to find anything on line, but I'm sure there are suppliers out
there.