Re: [VAL] TEST

Most people say that all torsion axles are self damping. I'm still going
to add the shocks and the Axis axle is fitted so the standard shock fits
without modification.

The axle is shot if it has any up angle at all. It's also shot if it's
sat around without traveling for any number of years (my 31' was used
one year, then sat for 25 years, so the rubber was hard and of no use as
a spring, even though the angle was in the 'minimally acceptable'
range). If you're near Elkhart, I think local installation is the way to
go. I think shipping is more $$ than installation. You'd have to check
with Axis, since it's not an option for me, I haven't asked.

The difficulty on these axles is that the OK axle will have a resting
angle of close to zero and the bad axle is only a few degrees more
positive than that.

Roger
Palmer Lake, CO