[VAL] test

Hi Guys,

Like others, I monitor the list daily as a way to stay "connected" with
my vintage roots (whatever that means).

This year we're visiting my Mom's house (now our house) in South
Florida. Our Airstream sits forlornly in the storage area awaiting my
daily visits. Each week, I do one maintenance job - most of them
insignificant, but all of them satisfying to some degree.

This week or next, the job will be to replace that big skinny piece of
plywood under the mattress with a brand new piece. When I lift the bed
for access to the storage area beneath it, the plywood feels like it's
about to fall apart. There are fractures everywhere. When this
Airstream belonged to the first owner, I suspect there was a water leak
that he didn't know about - which separated and fragmented the 1/4"
plywood.

Last week, my job was to check the water level in the batteries and
refill them with distilled water. All winter, we've had 70-80 degree
weather with our solar guard digital meter reading 13.99 volts. Then,
the gauge started dropping off to 12.80 volts and lower. Sure enough,
each battery needed water.

Can't you tell? Minor details are getting a lot of attention. None of
them worth talking about. Like others - I lurk and read. Then the next
day when I visit the storage area, yesterday's topics give me something
to check. Pretty sad state of affairs I know. BUT -  in a couple months
when it's time to bolt out of here, we'll be raring and ready to go -
in spades.

Sadly, I've even reorganized everything stored in our van. With all
this non-stop sunny, warm weather and going down to the swimming pool
every other day - it's downright boring in spite of the daily repairs
needed by Mom's house because of three hurricanes strikes in two years.

Sandie and I have agreed this is NOT 	"a safe house. The 2006 hurricane
season is fast approaching and we're not hanging around to experience
it.

Terry
1989 32' Excella
1967 22' Safari